The following bloggers took part in the Quiz:
SideView provided great answers as always!!
Colonialist did extremely well!!
Inspiration had 9 correct answers!
Iky also had 9 correct answers!
Thanks to everyone that participated! The two food bloggers both answered the number 10 not quite correct – how is that for being in sync?!!
1. What type of meat is traditionally used in a Cacciatore stew?
A – Braised Chicken, pheasant or rabbit.
2. What is a Muffaletta?
A – A stuffed sandwich that has its origins in the Italian quarter of New Orleans
Pic sourced from the Internet!
3. What are Scotch eggs?
A – Hard boiled eggs wrapped with meat (usually pork) and deep-fried.
4. Sweet peppers don’t produce the chemical responsible for the hot chilli burn. What is this chemical?
A – Capsaicin
5. What is japonais?
A – Meringue mixed with nuts or apparently some Chinese artichokes are called Japonais.
6. What is the name of the traditional Greek anise-flavored aperitif?
A – Ouzo
7. What is Schiacciata?
A – An Italian grape bread.
8. Are Brinjals fruit or vegetables?
A – Fruit
9. Which natural product can never spoil?
A – Honey
10. Approximately how many liters of milk are required to make 500g butter?
A – 5 liters