I am sooo sorry for only posting the answers of the latest food quiz now, but I did not have time last night.
My wonderful BIL and SIL from Nelspruit are at a conference at Spier and never told us! They surprised us with a visit last night!
Luckily I had a large pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove and some fresh crusty bread! We had such a wonderful evening!!
Well, time for the answers and I would like to thank everyone for their comments and participation!
The following bloggers participated:
First was Colonial, with some of the best answers I have ever seen – he just made my day, and I went back the next day to read it again because it made me smile!
Secondly was the ever inspirational Tandy! If you want to read the true answers you will have to visit her post!
You will just have to read SideViews answers for some wonderful original answers!!
Zelia did excellent, but have you seen her wonderful Food posts or travel posts before ? To see it you will have to go here!
1. What is the main ingredient of peperonata? A – Sweet peppers
2.What is pansotti? A – Pansotti is raviolis. The name translates to little bellies, and the pasta is commonly filled with a rich creamy Italian cheese and often dressed with a walnut sauce. Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_pansoti_pasta#ixzz1MGgcm5tT
3. Which vegetables is part of the Brassica family? A – Cauliflower, Cabbages, broccoli and more!
4. What does it mean to knock-back dough? A – To knead and squash dough back to its original size once it has risen.
5. Are Scallops also called Baby clams? A – No they are two different species.
6. Where did Jambalaia originate from? / What is jambalaya? A – Louisiana / An American rice dish with a Spanish influence that reminds one of paella.
7. Beetroot are the family of which other vegetable? A – Spinach
8. What type of pastry is used to make profiteroles? A – Choux
9.What is taleggio? A – Taleggio is a semi-soft, washed-rind cheese from the Valtaleggio region in northern Italy, near Lombardy. It is characteristically aromatic, yet mild in taste.
10. What are the two main ingredients of carbonnade and from which country does it originate? A – The main ingredients are beef and beer and it originates from Belgium. (I will soon post a recipe for this!)
I hope you are all ready to vote, tomorrow!