I hope that everyone that participated and those that did not will enjoy the participant’s answers and the real answers!!
The following bloggers did the quiz:
Kalinka provided very entertaining answers!!
Twolips were mostly spot-on!!
Inspiration’s answers were also mostly spot-on!
Sideview’s answers were both funny and correct!!
1. Where does authentic Hungarian Goulash get its reddish colour from?
A – Paprika.
2. What is Cataplana?
A – Cataplana is a Portuguese seafood dish, popular on the country’s Algarve coast. It is also the name of the special cookware used to prepare the dish in.
3. If I talk about Royal Gala, The Starking and Cripps Pink, what am I referring to?
A – Varieties of apples.
4. What is Bigné and when is it traditionally eaten?
A – Italian profiteroles, traditionally eaten on St Joseph’s day in Italy.
5. What is saladito?
A – It is dried, salted plums that are eaten as a snack.
6. What are the main ingredients of Tomato sabayon?
A – Tomato juice and egg yolks.
7. What is Pimento also known as?
A – Allspice.
8. Ricci di mare is the Italian name for Sea Urchins. What is the best way to eat them?
A – There are several traditional ways to eat them, with pasta, slathered on bread or with provolone cheese, or with a small spoon to lift out the flesh. But apparently the best way to eat them is without any help, but to lap up the flesh with your tongue. By extracting the flesh out with your tongue, you will instantly get the flavours, apparently a creaminess (with the texture of panna cotta) combined with the fresh and salty sea water.
9. What type of tuna is mostly marketed locally as Musselcracker or butterfish?
A – Longfin tuna
10. What are traditionally the main ingredients of Parmigiana?
A – Aubergine and Parmesan cheese.
I hope you all will have a wonderful week!!