I hope that everyone that participated and those that did not will enjoy the participant’s answers and the real answers!!
The following bloggers did the quiz:
Sideview’s answers were great!!
Zelia’s answers were mostly correct!
Inspiration’s answered everything correct!! She has an excellent memory and even knows when I have asked a question before!!
1. Kimchi is a fermented condiment from which country?
A – Korean.
2. Name three Asian greens?
A – Miauna, shungiku, gailan, tatsoi, bokchoy, cha plu.
3. If I talk about Fuerte, Pinkerton and Hass, what am I referring to?
A – Varieties of avocados.
4. What is Tahini?
A –Tahini is a creamy sesame paste.
5. Pad Thia is one of the national dishes of which country?
A – Pad Thai is one ofThailand’s national dishes.
6. What are the main ingredients of Pad Thai?
A –Pad Thai consists of rice noodles, eggs, condiments such as fish sauce or tamarind juice with bean sprouts or chicken or shrimps or tofu. It is normaaly garnished with peanuts, limejuice and coriander.
7. What is Tamarind?
The tamarind is the fruit of a tall tree that grows in Asia andNorth Africa. Its pods are about five inches long and contain seeds and a pulp that become extremely sour when dried. Tamarind pulp concentrate is widely used in Indian and Middle Eastern cooking.
8. What is considered as the three ingredients of the Asian “holy trinity” in culinary terms?
A – Ginger, Garlic and chillies or onions.
9. What is the main difference between Scotch whiskey and Irish whiskey?
A – Oh yes, Scotch is whisky and Irish is whiskey! Scotch whisky is distilled twice and Irish whiskey is distilled three times!
10. When is Panga on SASSI’s green list?
A – When line caught.
I hope you all will have a wonderful week!!