I hope that everyone that participated and those that did not will enjoy the participant’s answers and MY answers!! …. but the bloggers that participated answers were far more interesting than mine?!! So go over and see their answers!
The following bloggers did the quiz:
Sideview’s answers were so good!! Go over and read them!!
Inspiration’s did very well, under the circumstances! I am soo sorry about your lost, dear Tandy!!
Another Day’s answers were excellent and she gave the most correct answers this week!
Kalinka did the quiz, and I think her answers are more correct than mine!
1. What is “elachi” more commonly known as?
A – Cardamom pods.
2. What spices are traditionally in Garam Masala?
A – Pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin and coriander.
3. What is bhajias?
A – It is an Indian savoury made of chopped vegetables mixed in a spiced batter and deep-fried.
4. To which family does watercress belong?
A –The mustard family.
5. What are the main ingredients of Halva?
A –Ground sesame seeds and honey.
6. What is the culinary term for soaking fruit or vegetables in a sugar and alcohol syrup to infuse flavour?
A – macerate
7. What are the ingredients of advocaat?
A – This Dutch liqueur consists of eggs, sugar, brandy and vanilla.
8. Caraway seeds are native to which continent?
9. Which country produces the highest quantity of pineapples?
10. What does “to flute” mean?
A – To make decorative indentations in the edges of pastry.