Please visit the following bloggies who did the Quiz for brilliant answers:
1. What are Boquerones?
A – A Spanish white anchovy pickled in white wine vinegar.
2. What is the main ingredient of Nuom chum?
3. What is eaten with cream at Wimbledon?
A – strawberries.
4. How do you make wontons?
A – Wontons are made by filling a square wrapper (made of flour, egg, water and salt) with a filling of your choice and sealing the wonton into the desired shape by compressing the wrapper’s edges together with the fingers. The most common filling is ground pork with a small amount of flour added as a binding agent.
5. What is stilton?
A – Stilton a type of English cheese, known for its characteristic strong smell and taste. It is produced in two varieties: the well-known blue and the lesser-known white.
6. Where does the dish “satay” originate from?
A – Java, Indonesia.
7. In which two popular condiments would you find tamarind?
A – Worcestershire sauce and HP sauce.
8. What are Mizuna, Romaine, Butter and Iceberg varieties of?
A – Lettuce / salad greens.
9. What is the beer of choice to drink when at Wimbledon?
A – Pimms.
10. Where did Chakalaka originate from and what is it?
A – Chakalaka is a spicy South African relish, traditionally served with bread, pap or samp and it originated from the townships of Johannesburg. There are many variations on how to make Chakalaka, often depending on region and family tradition. Many versions include beans. For example, a tin of baked beans, tin of tomatoes, onion, garlic and some curry paste can be used to make the dish.
Picture of chakalaka from http://www.experience-it.co.za/wp/chakalaka/