Please visit the following bloggies who did the Quiz for brilliant answers:
1. What is hähnchenschnitzel in Germany?
A – Chicken schnitzel.
2. What is the main ingredient of Bucatini al’Amatriciana?
A – It’s base is a pork product called guanciale, which is pig jowl, and it tastes like a porkier version of bacon or pancetta.
3. What is Yuzu?
A – It is a tart citrus fruit that has the taste of between grapefruit and mandarins.
4. What is au levain?
A – It is the starter to Sourdough bread, traditionally made with a small amount of old dough from a prior batch.
5. Where did bruschetta originate from?
A – Italy.
6. Where did croutons originate from?
A – France.
7. What is the name of the fruit that is a cross between Murcott- and Clementine oranges?
A – ClemenGolds.
8. What is the function of a pie funnel?
A – Pie funnels are used to prevent pie filling from boiling up and leaking through the crust by allowing steam to escape from inside the pie. They also support the pastry crust in the center of the pie, so that it does not sag in the middle, and are occasionally known as “crustholders”.
9. What does “to scald” means in culinary terms?
A – to heat until just before boiling.
10. What fish are also known as mahi-mahi or dolphin fish?
A – Dorado.
Pic sourced from the internet.