I cannot believe that it is the September holiday already. The last quarter of the year always passes so quickly because everyone is always so busy. Before we know it, it will be Christmas and then 2013!
If you are living with a teenager who brings home friends every single day, you will know that they are always hungry and always looking for something “nice” to eat. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch or in-between meals.
I baked these in large muffin pans but bake it in smaller pans if you want to add it to a lunchbox or if it forms part of a savoury item to a tea party.
The muffins freezes very well, so double up to save time. Just take it out a couple of hours before serving or defrost it in the microwave.
- 125g rindless bacon, chopped into very small cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml cooking oil
- 250ml milk
- 500ml cake flour
- 15ml baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2ml cayenne pepper
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 8 peppadews, chopped
- 15ml chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 200⁰C.
- Butter muffin pans or spray with a cooking spray.
- Fry the bacon until cooked and cool down.
- Beat the eggs, cooking oil and milk together.
- Sieve the cake flour, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper together and add to the egg mixture with the bacon, cheddar cheese, peppadews and parsley.
- Mix together, but be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon into the muffin holes, filing up to ⅔ of the pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold with some butter.