It is very convenient to have some paté in the fridge. It can be used as a light lunch, a starter and a nice edition to the lunch box. A good paté is always great to take along on a picnic.
Most people immediately thinks about chicken liver paté, when one mention paté. Chicken liver paté is delicious and an old favourite, but one can make many more other delicious patés. The most delicious creation I have seen recently in the latest edition of the Sarie magazine is a recipe for a chocolate paté!
I made this biltong paté, when I was really craving biltong, but with January being a difficult month financially; I had to stretch the biltong a bit. This biltong paté is marvellous on crackers but I served it with miniature bread loaves baked according to my Mother-in-laws no knead recipe, which you can find here.
- 50g butter
- 200g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 250g whipping cream
- 250g creamy cottage cheese
- 100g powered biltong
- Heat the butter on medium heat and fry the mushrooms and onion until brown. Remove from heat and cool down.
- Place the cream into a food prcoessor and process until just stiff.
- Add the cottage cheese, biltong and mushroom mixture and process together.
- Keep in the fridge.