Mushrooms are so versatile and are a good replacement for meat, especially when served with cheese.
Mushrooms are healthy and low in kilojoules. It is the only vegetable source of Vitamin D! Mushrooms are an excellent antioxidant and it also boost your immune system.It is a source of Vitamin B which is vital for turning carbohydrates into glucose, so it enhances your metabolism. So start eating your mushrooms!
This dish can be eaten as a side dish or as a main dish. It will serve two as a main dish and four as a side dish.
- 30ml avocado oil
- 8 brown mushrooms
- 30ml butter
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 100g frozen pea and corn mixture
- 45ml fresh thyme leaves
- 125g smooth cottage cheese
- Pea or rocket leaves for serving.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Place the mushrooms onto a baking tray and srizzle with the avocado oil. Place in the oven for 6 minutes. Turn the mushrooms and bake for another 6 minutes or until browned all over.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan and fry the red onion until soft. Add the garlic, peas and corn and thyme leaves and cook until the peas and corn is heated. Mix with the cottage cheese.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cottage cheese mixture and serve garnished with the pea or rocket leaves. Serve immediately.