It is almost holiday time! I don’t know about you, but in my household there are always a couple of more mouths to feed during this time! I also like the idea of preparing something more festive- like during December!
To me chicken is always a good choice and it is not too expensive. Cranberry jelly is quite expensive but with one can or bottle, you can do a lot!
This chicken dish is perfect for this time of year!
- 15ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig, chopped
- 90ml cranberry jelly
- 3 discs of feta, crumbled
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 6 pieces of shoulder bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and rosemary until the onion is soft and fragrant.
- Cool the onion mixture and mix with the cranberry jelly and crumbled feta.
- Make an incision into each chicken breast and fill with the cranberry mixture.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken breast.
- Put on a roasting try and cook in the oven for about 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Rest for a few minutes and serve with baby potatoes.