I don’t know a lot of people that need an excuse to indulge in chocolate or chocolate ice cream, but for those that do – today is International Chocolate Day!
The 7th of June was also International Chocolate Ice Cream Day, so if you missed this delightful day like I did; you have another excuse to eat chocolate or chocolate ice cream!
Ola Magnum recently released their new Magnum Pints; ice cream in 450ml tubs. The pints are available in four delicious flavours namely Vanilla & Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate & Raspberry and Hazelnut & Chocolate. These pints have a delicious sauce in the core and are topped with chocolate pieces. I have tasted three of the four flavours and although they are all divine, my ultimate favourite is definitely the Chocolate & Raspberry. Imagine – chocolate and a smooth chocolate ice cream with a raspberry sauce in the centre! It is absolute chocolate heaven! This ice cream is the perfect end to a meal, but is also the perfect snack to have any time of the day; either shared or to be eaten alone. I know it is a sin not to share, but this is one thing that I will hide from the rest of the family and indulge in alone. Wicked, yes, but sometimes one must be selfish and do what you have to do! 😉
This chocolate fondant pudding with a raspberry centre was inspired by the Magnum Chocolate & Raspberry Pints. Chocolate fondant or lava cake, as it is sometimes called is a small cake with a runny chocolate centre. I have added some raspberry jam to the centre for an extra bit of surprise.
This chocolate fondant with a raspberry centre is an excellent dessert to serve at the end of a special occasion meal. If you don’t want to go through the trouble of baking a dessert just serve some ice cream – Ola Magnum pints, of course! Or why not serve both for some extra decadence?
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 75g caster sugar
- 25g cake flour
- 60ml raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries
- chocolate and raspberry Magnum pint (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Grease 4 ramekins with butter and sieve some cocoa powder into the moulds.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together and cool down slightly.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and caster sugar together until thick and fluffy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mix until just combined. Sieve the cake flour over the mixture and fold in.
- Spoon some of the mixture into the prepared moulds. Spoon 15ml raspberry jam onto each of the four mixtures. Top with the remaining chocolate mix.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and place into the oven. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool down for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slide a knife around the edge of each fondant and remove from the moulds onto serving dishes.
- Serve immediately with some fresh raspberries and ice cream (optional).