It is 2015; a new year full of new promises. It is wonderful to be able to start a new year with new dreams, new ideas and hopefully with renewed energy?! Being in the fortunate position to see the beaches (and shops) in Cape Town and the Southern Cape over December I really think a lot of South Africans are so fortunate to be able to relax over December on one of our beautiful beaches or holiday resorts.
The children are back at school and the traffic (in Cape Town) is back to normal! 🙁 All good things must come to an end but luckily we live in sunny South Africa and we can prolong the holiday feeling by eating Al Fresco. With our beautiful weather we can eat outside in the garden very often!
Another thing that we can still enjoy for some time is beautiful summer fruit, such as grapes, peaches, water melon and berries.
Eating dessert in the middle of the week always makes me feel like I am on holiday. This dessert is quick and easy to make. The peaches, combined with the creamy chocolate custard, are delicious. Any fruit such as berries, apples or pears can be used instead of the peaches.
- 150g plain chocolate
- 250ml cream
- 120g castor sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 2 peaches, cored and sliced into 8 slices, each
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C. Butter a small 20 to 22cm pie dish.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the cream and the castor sugar stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool down slightly. Beat the egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence into the chocolate mixture and pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Arrange the peach slices evenly into the batter end bake for about 20 minutes or until the batter is set in the pre-heated oven.
- Serve hot or cold.