This is a repost – you can find the original recipe here!
By: Pink Polka Dot Food
Recipe Type: Dessert
A recipe for a delicious tartlet
- 450ml cake flour
- 80ml cocoa
- 60ml castor sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 80ml butter
- 1 egg
- 75ml cold water
- 200g slabs of chocolates (you can use dark chocolate, or whole-nut chocolate or peppermint chocolate or any 2 100g combinations that you prefer)
- 100g butter
- 250ml cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 125ml liqueur (peppermint, cape velvet, orange or any other flavour that will compliment your choice of chocolate).
- Sift the flour, cocoa, sugar and salt together.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture.
- Beat the egg and water together and cut into the flour mixture until it forms a dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In the mean time make the filling by melting the chocolates, butter and cream together in a bowl over hot water until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, and cool down.
- Add the cream and egg yolks. Beat until well combined.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC. Grease 12 small tartlet pans.
- Dust a little bit of cocoa on your working surface and roll the dough out thinly.
- Line the prepared tartlet pans and bake blind for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and lower the heat to 160ºC.
- Fill each base with the chocolate mixture and bake for 15 minutes until set.
- Serve at room temperature with cream or ice cream and fresh fruit.
- NOTES: I used 100g dark chocolate and 100g whole nut chocolate and Van der Hum liqueur.