I am looking so forward to this weekend because it is a looooong weekend and we are celebrating a special birthday this weekend!! Hubby is turning fifty! 50!!
This deliciously summer dessert is very easy to make and I am serving this for this special occasion! It is easy enough to serve with a braai and also fancy enough to serve at a special occasion!
The creamy passion fruit stars taste fresh and delicious with the accompanying strawberry sauce!
You can make these creamy passion fruit delicacies in any form, hearts, teddies, Christmas trees or whatever the occasion calls for!
- 10 ml gelatine powder
- 60 ml water
- 3 egg yolks
- 100g (125 ml) castor sugar
- 60 ml milk
- 3 x 115g Rhodes granadilla pulp cups
- 100g white chocolate, melted
- 250 ml extra thick cream
- 300g fresh strawberries, washed
- 100g (125ml) castor sugar
- Rhodes granadilla pulp cups, left over from the stars
- 40g grated white chocolate
- Berries (optional)
- Soak the gelatin in the water.
- Beat the egg yolks and castor sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until just before it starts to boil.
- Add the milk slowly to the egg yolk mixture whilst beating all the time with an electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat on low heat whilst stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and add 180ml of the graoptionalnadilla pulp.
- Heat the gelatine and water for 30 seconds in the microwave and mix until clear. (Heat again if necessary)
- Mix the gelatine with the melted white chocolate into the granadilla mixture until well combined.
- Cool in the fridge until it starts to set.
- Beat the cream until thick and fold into the granadilla mixture.
- Pour into buttered silicone stars or any other forms and cool in the refrigerator until set.
- Prepare the strawberry sauce:
- Place the strawberries with the castor sugar into a food processor and liquidize.
- Mix the remaining granadilla pulp into the strawberry mixture and serve with the creamy passion fruit stars.
- Garnish with grated white chocolate and berries and fruit.