I love food! I love eating food, I love tasting food, I love smelling food, I love looking at food, I love preparing food, I love feeding others…. I think you get the idea?
I also love attending Food events. There are so many events currently in South Africa!
Recently I saw someone complaining about the Port Festival in Calitzdorp that was not advertised enough. I realized that there is really a lack of information regarding events. I will from now on post a blog about all the food events (that I am aware of) that is taking place in the month on the first of every month. I will also do a weekly post of the events for that week. Hopefully it will be done earlier next week!
If you know about any food event that is taking place in your area, please let me know with details such as the date, where the event will take place and the website address.
Foodie Events for July 2011
1. The Kirkwood Wildlife festival takes place from 1 to 3 July. Visit: http://www.wildsfees.co.za/ for more information.
2. The Eastern Cape Biltong festival takes place at Summerset East from 15 to 16 July 2011. Visit http://www.sa-venues.com/events/easterncape/eastern-cape-biltong-festival/ for more information.
1. The Vaal river wine meander takes place from 9 July to 13 August on and around the banks of the Vaal river or visit the Wine show at the Emerald Casino form 30 June to 2 July. Visit http://www.vaalwineroute.co.za
2. The Kimiad Winter Festival takes place in Moreletta Park, Pretoria on 17 July. Visit http://www.pretoria.co.za/events/details/2205-kimiad-winter-festival.html for more information.
1. The Prawn and Jazz festival takes place in Ballito from 8 to 10 July. Visit http://www.balitoprawnfetival.co.za for more information.
2. The Good Food and Wine Show takes place in Durban from 28 to 31 July at the Durban Exhibition Centre. For more information visit http://www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za/
1. The Ellisras Bushveld festival takes place from 30 June to 3 July. Visit http://www.golimpopo.com/events-details_7.html for more information.
2. The Limpopo wine show takes place at Meropa Casino and Entertainment World just outside Polakwane from 29 to 30 July. Visit http:// www.limpopowineshow.co.za
1. The SA Game Fair takes place at Dullstroom from 30 to 31 July. Visit http://www.sagamefair.co.za/ for more information.
1. The Delheim Jazz and Cheese Fondue Fest takes place every Sunday from 26 June to 31 July at Delheim Wine Estate. Visit http://www.delheim.com/
2. The Oyster Festival takes place in Knysna from 1 to 10 July. For more information visit: http://www.oysterfestival.co.za/
3. The Bastille Festival takes place in Franschhoek on 16 and 17 July For more information visit: http://www.franschhoek.co.za/bastille.html
4. The Breedekloof soetes & Soup takes place from 22 to 23 July at wineries in Breedekloof. Visit http://www.breedekloof.com
5. The Stellenbosch Wine festival will take place from 28 to 31 July at Paul Roos Centre in Stellenbosch. Have a look at http://www.wineroute.co.za for more information.
6. The Vodashop George Cheese festival is taking place from 29 to 31 July in George. For more information visit http://www.sa-venues.com/events/gardenroute/george-cheese-festival/
You are welcome to let me know if you have blogged about an event and I will put a link to that!