It is Friday and I am posting a food quiz to keep you busy again!
If you are going to do the quiz, please copy the questions and do the answers on your own blog. Please leave me a message to tell me that you have done it.
I will post the answers to the Quiz late on Monday evening with a link to your answers!
1. What is the difference between chowder and soup?
2. What are the basic ingredients of fruit curd?
3. What is the difference between fruit preserves and fruit conserves?
4. What are Jerusalem artichokes?
5. The Marula fruit is native to which country?
6. What is hyssop?
7. What is Cape pondweed better known as?
8. What does gratinéed means in culinary terms?
9. What is dombolo better known as?
10. Why is raita served with curries?
Enjoy the weekend!
The following are a list of the Food events for this coming weekend:
- The Vaal river wine meander takes place from 9 July to 13 August on and around the banks of the VaalRiver. Visit http://www.vaalwineroute.co.za
- The Prawn and Jazz festival takes place in Ballito from 8 to 10 July. Visit http://www.balitoprawnfetival.co.za for more information.
- The Oyster Festival is still taking place in Knysna and ends on 10 July. For more information visit: http://www.oysterfestival.co.za/
To see a list of South Africa’s finest Food Markets go to http://www.food24.com/News-and-Guides/Features/SAs-best-food-markets-20110707-2