Another Food Quiz to keep you basy over the weekend!
If you are going to do the quiz, please copy the questions and do the answers on your own blog. Please leave me a message to tell me that you have done it.
I will post the answers to the Quiz late on Monday evening with a link to your answers!
1. What is a Fraisier?
2. What does the cooking terminology “Balloutine” means?
3. What is the difference between a Sorbet and a Granita?
4. What toxin in potatoes causes it to turn green when exposed to sunlight?
5. What is the meaning of the term “tartness”, when describing a taste?
6. What is a Biscuit Joconde Imprime/Entremet?
7. Fennel is native to which countries?
8. What is a Kulfi?
9. Which one of these four is not a stone fruit? Peach, Pomegranate, Mango or Cherry?
10. What is Elachi more commonly known as?
Enjoy the weekend and have fun in the kitchen!
The following are a list of the Food events for this coming weekend:
The Good Food and Wine Show takes place in Durban from 28 to 31 July at the Durban Exhibition Centre. For more information visit http://www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za/
The Limpopo wine show takes place at Meropa Casino and Entertainment World just outside Polakwane from 29 to 30 July. Visit http://www.limpopowineshow.co.za
The SA Game Fair takes place at Dullstroom from 30 to 31 July. Visit http://www.sagamefair.co.za/ for more information.
We love Real beer and curry evening takes place on Friday the 29th of July. Visit http://www.tajcapetown.co.za/blog/events/#curry for more information.