The judges on Dinner Divas were of the opinion that my blog is plain and simple and dated. I must admit that I prefer a simple look when it comes to blogs. I do not like a blog that is cluttered and for this reason I was not too fazed about the judge’s opinions.
My blog developer, however, did not like this criticism at all and has been nagging ever since to change the look of my blog slightly. Once she did I just loved it and this dessert was created to celebrate the new look of my blog!
When one is on holiday you don’t always have access to fancy appliances and therefore you cannot always create great looking and tasting food, especially when it comes to dessert. You can however buy some good quality ice-cream and some store bought meringues to create this easy, but delicious dessert.
This is perfect served in the place of afternoon coffee, when everyone returns to the holiday house after a long day on the beach, tired of swimming and hot of all the sun and tanning. It will also cost considerably less than it will be to buy ice-cream cones for the whole family at the beach and it also taste delicious!
- 2 litre vanilla ice-cream
- 15 to 18 meringues
- 100g milk chocolate
- Cherries and/or berries (optional)
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper
- Crush the meringues.
- Make 12 balls from the ice-cream and roll the balls into the crushed meringues.
- Place on the baking sheet and refreeze.
- Once ready to serve the ice-cream balls, melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a bowl over a pot with simmering water.
- Place two ice-cream balls into a small serving bowl and drizzle with chocolate.
- Serve immediately as is or with fresh cherries or any other berries.