A recipe for snoek with tomatoes, onions and apricot jam!
- 1 x 1kg flecked snoek, cleaned, washed and dried
- salt, mixed peppercorns and fish spice to taste
- 60ml apricot jam, heated to make it spreadable
- 1 x 420g tin tomato and onion mix
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- Season the snoek with salt, pepper and fish spice and rest for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC or make a fire.
- Brush the apricot jam all over both sides of the flecked snoek.
- Spoon the tomato and onion mix onto one side of the flecked snoek and top with tomato and lemon slices. Fold the other side of the snoek over and cover lightly in foil to from a foil basket.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or fry over medium coals for 25 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread, baked potato or sweet potatoes.
- I replaced the tomato with thinly sliced sundried tomatoes (I used 6 sundried tomatoes).
- I added 5ml chopped garlic after I brushed the snoek with apricot jam.
- I added 1 diced green pepper to top the tomato mixture!!
This is a re-post. The original post can be found here!