It has been very cold in Cape Town the past couple of days and I just feel like hibernating! My family should be very grateful that we live in Cape Town and not on the unbearably cold High veld, because I would never been persuaded to cook if it were even colder than it is in Cape Town at the moment!
This tandoori chicken is quick and easy to make but great on flavour. I always double this recipe, and keep some of the tandoori chicken in the fridge. My son loves this and he can heat this up quickly and eat it with a wrap or pita breads when he gets home from school.
Buy a good quality tandoori masala mix or prepare your own mixture. For a great recipe to make your own Tandoori masala go here!
- 30ml olive oil
- 10ml butter
- 60ml tandoori masala
- Seeds of 4 cardamom pods
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 chicken fillets, cut into strips
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 tortilla wraps
- baby rosa tomatoes
- rocket leaves
- Greek yoghurt
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pot. Add the tandoori masala, cardemom pods, onions and garlic and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the chicken and fry on medium heat for about ten minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the wraps and fill with the chicken, tomatoes and rocket leaves.
- Drizzle with some Greek yoghurt and roll up to form a packet and serve warm.