This delicious chicken stir-fry can be made in minutes and you only use a few ingredients. Served with rice, it is a quick dish that can be prepared during the week when you don’t have time or energy to spent hours in the kitchen.
Although macadamia nuts contain a lot of fat, the majority of the fat is in the form of monounsaturated fatty acids that is good for your heart.
Macadamia nuts are my favourite nuts. You can replace them with any other nuts that you prefer such as walnuts or cashew nuts.
- 30ml olive oil
- 800g chicken fillets cut into strips
- 15ml dried crushed chillies (use more or less in accordance to your taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 spring onions, sliced
- 60ml soy sauce
- 60ml hoison sauce
- 150ml toasted macadamia nuts
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or in a wok.
- Fry chicken until golden brown.
- Add the chilli, garlic and spring onions (reserve some of the green parts of the spring onions for garnishing) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the soy sauce, hoison sauce and macadamia nuts and heat through.
- Garnish with the reserved spring onions and serve with rice.