It is winter and very cold in Cape Town. This soup is perfect for this weather!
This is a re post! You can find the original post here!
By: Pink Polka Dot Food
Recipe Type: main
A recipe for a quick and easy mushroom soup
- 750g white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 100g butter
- 15ml curry powder
- 60g (90ml) cake flour
- 5ml dry thyme
- 5ml dry oregano
- 1L chicken stock (I used Ina Paarman’s)
- 1 tin (410g) evaporated milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot on the stove, add the mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms start drawing water.
- Add the curry powder and cake flour to the mixture and stir to form a roux.
- Add the thyme, oregano and Chicken stock and stir. Bring to the boil and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Puree or liquidize the mixture. Return to the stove, add evaporated milk and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with some crusty bread.