It is a beautiful morning in Cape Town and it is Friday! Life is good!
I have made this breakfast last week. It was an absolute hit.
The starter (in true Wimbledon style) was strawberry kebabs (my local Pick and Pay is selling the most beautiful strawberries at the moment).
For mains I made these omelet rolls. I used mozzarella and black forest ham for the filling. You can use cream cheese and smoked salmon or basil pesto and pastrami or any other combination that you prefer.
I hope you will all have a wonderful weekend and remember to have fun in the kitchen!
- 6 eggs
- 60ml cream
- 30ml butter
- 250ml grated mozzarella
- 100g black Forrest ham
- Salad and herb greens for garnishing
- Beat the eggs and cream and season to taste. Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook until done.
- Add the grated mozzarella and cook until it is melted.
- Place one layer of Black Forrest ham on top of the mozzarella.
- Move the omelette to a large plate and roll up.
- Slice in four and place into bowls with some greens for garnishing. Serve warm.