This chicken does not contain eleven secret herbs and spices, but it is really good. Children, of all ages, love these.
I serve the chicken with mashed potato and some green vegetables. If I have time, I make a simple dipping sauce of 60ml tomato sauce, 30ml Dijon mustard, 30ml Worcestershire sauce and 45ml brown sugar mixed together. Replace the drumsticks with chicken wings and serve with the dipping sauce for a starter.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 10ml cayenne pepper
- 300ml buttermilk
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g cake flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Mix the cayenne pepper, buttermilk and garlic together and marinade the chicken in the mixture for at least an hour, but preferably overnight.
- Heat about 3cm of oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Shake off the excess marinade. Place the seasoned flour into a plastic bag or bowl with a lid and place the chicken pieces one at a time into the flour and shake around to cover completely.
- Once the oil is hot, cook the chicken for approximately 30 minutes, whilst turning around all the time
- Seve warm