Great roast to serve on a Sunday!
Pork Roast in orange
By: Pink Polka Dot Food
Recipe Type: Main
A pork roast done in orange sauce
- 1 x 2kg leg of pork, rind removed
- 7.5ml paprika
- 5ml dry sage
- 7.5ml grounded ginger
- 10ml mustard powder
- 15ml grated orange peel
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 350ml Fresh Orange juice
- 50ml sweet white wine
- 1 orange sliced
- Heat the oven to 180ºc.
- Make some deep indentations into the fatty side of the pork and season well with salt all over.
- Mix the paprika, sage, ginger, mustard and orange peel together and rub into the pork roast.
- Put about 400ml of boiling water, with the onion and garlic in an oven roasting pan. Put the pork roast on the rack over the water mixture and roast for 45 minutes. (You can cut the rind in pieces and roast this next to the roast.)
- Reduce heat to 160ºc and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Put pork in a tinfoil “basket”, not closed put large enough to catch any of the marinade. Mix the wine and orange juice and pour half of this marinade over pork. Return to the oven and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Pour the last of the marinade over and roast for another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with slices of oranges and serve with fried potatoes and vegetables of your choice.