I made my first batch of Ice cream with my new Krups ice-cream maker and it was delicious.
Although I always wanted an ice-cream maker I always forgot to put it on my wish list as a gift for any special occasion. That was until I talked to Tami from the blog Rumtumtiggs and she told me how wonderful home-made ice-cream is. Once she started blogging about her creations such as milo ice-cream, I just knew I must get an ice-cream maker.
Tami did a lot of research before she bought hers and she told me that a Krups ice-cream maker is definitely the best value for money. I told my hubs that an ice-cream maker is definitely on top of my wish list for Christmas and also told him he could buy it online via Yuppiechef. My husband absolutely dislikes shopping and is now soooooo in love with Yuppiechef because he doesn’t have to go near a shopping centre. He was very impressed with Yuppiechef’s service and I am very impressed with my ice-cream maker!
This weekend I made my first ice-cream and although it was just plain vanilla ice-cream my family loved it! No shop-bought ice cream can be compared with the smooth creamy consistency and taste of this ice-cream and it is so easy to make!
- 250ml full-cream milk
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 450g whipping cream
- 5ml vanilla extract
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until hot, but not boiling.
- Beat the sugar and eggs in a jug with a whisk and slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture stirring all the time.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and heat gently, without boiling, stirring constantly until it thicken slightly and coats the back of a spoon.
- Cool down to room temperature and then add the cream and vanilla and mix.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours before preparing in the ice-cream maker according to the ice-cream maker instructions.
- Serve with fresh berries or as is!