This is a repost – the original can be found here!
Roast Beef with a spicy tomato sauce
By: Pink Polka Dot Food
A recipe for a beef roast with a spicy tomato sauce
- 1kg Roast Beef
- 400g small Rosa tomatoes, halved
- 30ml Ina Paarman Garlic and Herb seasoning
- 50ml Olive Oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 100f fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 20ml salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml Olive Oil
- 20ml Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Season the beef and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and the Ina Paarman seasoning.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a roasting pan and sear the beef on all sides. Remove from the heat and place the tomatoes around the beef. Roast in the pre-heated oven until cooked about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven, reserving the tomatoes. Cover the meat with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- For the Sauce:
- Place the parsley, garlic and roasted tomatoes in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the chilli, salt, pepper and vinegar, and pulse for a few seconds. Add the oil in a slow stream while the machine is running to achieve a smooth paste.
- Slice the meet and place on a serving platter and drizzle the sauce over and serve.