If you feel like inviting a couple of friends over for dinner over the weekend you can impress them with this easy dish!! They will think you have been spending hours to create this.
As you will see in my last couple of posts, I have been making a lot of stir fry vegetable dishes lately. First it was this easy frittata and there after I made stir fry vegetables with a delicious creamy walnut dressing.
As with the dish with the creamy walnut dressing, the green peppercorn sauce is the highlight of this dish. Stacking the salmon on top of the stir fry vegetables and mashed potatoes looks great and tastes even better!
- 15ml olive oil
- ½ chopped onion
- 30ml green peppercorns
- 15ml Dijon mustard
- 250ml white wine
- ½ a packet of white onion soup
- 60ml cream
- 15ml fresh chopped parsley
- 600g Salmon
- Potato Mash (enough for 4)
- Vegetables, stir-fried (I used some sweet peppers, mange tout, mushrooms, carrots and baby corn)
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and brown the onion.
- Crush the green pepper corns and add to the onions with the mustard and white wine. Cook on low heat until slightly reduced.
- Add the onion soup and cook until thick.
- In the mean time sear the salmon on both sides.
- Add the parsley and cream to the sauce and heat through.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes onto a plate, topped with some stir fried vegetables and a piece of salmon. Drizzle with the green peppercorn sauce. Serve immediately!