SideView’s weekend challenge was very difficult! This weekend it was NOT a theme, it’s was a CHALLENGE to CREATE an award specifically for ONE blogger as an exclusive award, given only once to one person.
There are so many wonderful and creative bloggers, so at first I thought I would be stubborn like Cindy – read her wonderful tribute to bloggers, here!
…but I have decided that I know a person that is worthwhile of an award and her name is DarlingDee! I am not going to say much more – go and read her posts and you will understand how special she is!
Thanks to everyone that did the past weekend’s Food Quiz!
Rogue answered 8 correct – wow, excellent!
Inspiration also answered 8 correct – I wonder whether my answers are right?
Mitzi did better than Rogue and Inspiration!! Excellent answers!!
Go here to read SideView’s brilliant answers!!
1. Is couscous a grain or pasta?
A – Couscous is pasta made from ground semolina.
2. The dish “Osso bucco” uses what cut of meat?
A – Veal shin.
3. What is “bubble and squeak” made off?
A – Leftovers such as potato, cabbage and other greens formed into patties and fried.
4. Which fruit is used in a black forest cake?
A – Cherries.
5. What are the small snacks served with drinks in Spain called?
6. What is “Ciboulette” more commonly known as?
A- It is the French word for chive.
7. Which herb flavours a béarnaise sauce?
A – Tarragon.
8. What is Finocchio?
A- The Italian word for bulb fennel.
9. What is Madiba’s (Nelson Mandela’s) favourite dish?
A – Umngqusho (samp and beans).
10. What kind of fish is used in rollmops?
Enjoy the week!