This is a re-post. The original recipe can be seen here! This is my MiL’s recipe and I have been using it for years!
Aromatic Oil for Pasta:
60ml olive oil
freshly grounded black pepper
freshly grounded Nutmeg
Heat the above together on slow heat for 5 minutes.
- 500g cooked spaghetti mixed with the aromatic oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 60ml olive oil
- 30ml butter
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 800g beef mince
- 30ml tomato paste
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 180ml dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 200ml hot beef extract
- 200ml fresh cream
- grated nutmeg
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fry the onion in the oil, until soft. Add the butter and celery and fry for another 2 minutes (low heat). Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Fry beef mince on high heat until browned. Reduce heat.
- Add tomato paste and mix. Add onion, celery and carrots. Add white wine and cook till reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add beef stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cream, nutmeg and basil and heat through.
- Serve with spaghetti.