I had a busy but very enjoyable weekend. There was not even time to read or write any blogs! L I will tell you more about my weekend later.
This is a great vegetarian dish for meatless Mondays. It is month-end fare either because your food budget is finished or you have to make do with whatever is left in the fridge or because you want to make space for fresh vegetables in the fridge.
I have used broccoli, cauliflower and baby corn, but butternut works very well and so does any marrows.
I served it with a baked potato, but it can be served with rice or couscous or as is, maybe with some fresh bread to soak up the sauce.
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Zest of an orange
- 10ml ground cumin
- 5ml dried chillies
- 250g broccoli florets
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 125g baby corn, broken in half
- 1 x 410g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 410g tin chickpeas, drained
- 125ml olives
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add garlic, orange zest, cumin and chilli and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add the vegetables and tinned tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and olives and simmer until heated through.