Many people asked me to publish this recipe in English!
Thanks for loving this recipe enough to request that. I hope you will enjoy it as much as my family and I did. Please share your experience with me after trying this dish.
And remember; always have fun in the kitchen!
- THE SAUCE
- 30ml olive oil
- 45ml butter
- 600g chicken fillets cut into strips
- 250g brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 90ml basil pesto
- 250ml chicken stock
- 500g broccoli
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml cream
- 250g tagliatelle (cooked according to packet instructions)
- Feta cheese, crumbled (2 wheels)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy based sauce pan. Stir fry the chicken fillet strips until brown.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until brown.
- Add the basil pesto and mix making sure all the chicken pieces and mushrooms are covered with the pesto.
- Add the chicken stock and broccoli by and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the sauce on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the broccoli is all dente.
- Add the cream and heat through but do not cook.
- Spoon the sauce over the cooked pasta and garnish with the crumbled feta and fresh basil leaves.
- Use spiralized babymarrows (gourgettes) if you are on a low carb diet.
- Add 2 finely chopped hot peppers with the pesto if you prefer a spicy dish.
- Use rocket pesto or coriander pesto as a variation.