These brownies are quick and easy to make. My son makes it often and take it as a treat to school for his friends.
- 1 Packet of 200g tennis or Marie biscuits
- 250g butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 20g cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5ml caramel essence
- Break the biscuits into large pieces.
- Melt the butter in a heavy based pot on low heat.
- Sift the icing sugar and cocoa together and add to the butter, with the egg.
- Mix until smooth and remove from the heat. Add the caramel essence and mix through.
- Add the broken biscuits and mix thoroughly. Spoon into a buttered dish of 20 x 20 cm.
- Cool and cut into blocks. Keep in the refrigerator.
1. Melt the butter in a deep microwave proof bowl.
2. Add the sifted icing sugar and cocoa and the egg and mix thoroughly. Microwave the mixture on high for 2 minutes.
3. Continue the same as above (from point 5).
– Add 100g halved red or green cherries to the mixture at point 5.
– Add 125ml desiccated coconut at point 5.
– Add 125g pitted chopped dates to the mixture at point 3.
– Replace the biscuits with 100g chopped pecan or walnuts
– Make without the addition of the biscuits, but cook / microwave for additional minutes, beating every 2 minutes.
The make a nice gift, when it is packaged prettily. I packed it in a tin (I have lots of these tins, which I have painted with blackboard paint, to allow you to write a message on).
This is a re-post. The original post can be found here!