I am celebrating my new blog with a Mediterranean vegetarian pasta dish for meatless Mondays!
Both my daughters are home for the holidays and I am so happy. I always feel so contend when all my children are sleeping under the same roof as me! It was a wonderful weekend with wonderful weather and we had so much fun together.
After all the delicious food that we ate, it was time for something less extravagant and healthier! This dish can be easily prepared when you are on holiday and are delicious!
- 350g conchigliette pasta (small pasta shells)
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into small pieces
- 1 seeded red pepper, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 175g pitted calamata olives
- 60ml shredded fresh basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra olive oil to drizzle over
- Cook the pasta in salted water, according to the packet instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat. Add the onions, aubergine and red pepper to the pot and stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables with the lemon rind and juice and the olives. Stir and heat through.
- Add the basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with some extra olive oil drizzled over.