This is a delicious salad and can be made from leftover leg of lamb. Try any vegetables of your choice and any other salad dressing. It will also be great served cold!
Warm Lamb and vegetable salad
By: Pink Polka Dot Food
Recipe Type: Salad
A main meal salad made from leg of lamb and a variety of vegetables
- 600g deboned leg of lamb
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lavender sprigs
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 15ml olive oil
- 15ml brown sugar
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 4 brown mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 baby marrows cut into slices
- 15ml olive oil
- 500g baby potatoes
- 200g fresh asparagus
- A variety of lettuce and herb leaves
- Verlaque Sweet basil, olive oil and tomato balsamic reduction splash
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Lightly season the lamb with salt and pepper. Place 2 sprigs of lavender in an oven pan dish the lamb in and place the other 2 lavender sprigs on top, cover and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, according to your taste. Slice into slices.
- In the mean time heat the olive oil on low heat in a pan on the stove, add the onion and sugar and simmer on very slow heat until the onion is caramelized.
- Put the peppers, mushrooms and baby marrows in an oven dish, season lightly with salt and pepper, drizzle with the olive oil and bake, with the lamb in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes until just soft. Drain and slice in half.
- Boil the asparagus until just tender.
- Place the lettuce and herb on a serving platter. Place the potatoes, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms baby marrows and lamb meat onto the lettuce. Top with the caramelized red onions and drizzle with some Verlaque sweet basil, olive oil and tomato balsamic reduction splash. Serve whilst the meat is still warm.